E-bike sales are soaring these days, not only in Europe but in the U.S. as well. Leveling the playing field, the electric pedal-assist bicycle allows even the out-of-shape oldsters to keep up with the athletes in the family.
Making cycling accessible to everyone and anyone, the surge in popularity of the e-bike is also attributed to the fact that the electric bicycle is a great alternative to public transportation and traffic congestion. With no money spent on fuel, the bicyclist is able to save money while getting fresh air and exercise.
Going green is a big concern for many these days, and the e-bike is the way to go.
One of the best e-bikes on the market is the Joulvert. Developed as a means to getting around the Playa desert of the Burning Man Festival, Joulvert’s Playa bikes are built for tough conditions in black-rock sandstorm environments. Not just for the rugged off-road terrain, though, the bikes are also a big hit with city, suburban, and rural commuters alike.
27-year-old Zach High uses Joulvert’s Stealth model for his Pennsylvania work commute. With a top speed of 20 mph, this matte black cool-looking machine rolls along on 20” heavy-duty tires, going the distance of 45 miles per charge.
“I just can’t stop raving about this bike,” Zach said. “It’s amazing.”
With built-in headlights and rear LED lights included, as well as a horn, the Joulvert Stealth boasts an 11 amp, 36 volt motor and a USB charging port on the battery. The batteries are Lithium ion high capacity cells and a Smart Charger is included. The entire bike, including battery, weighs only 52 pounds, and it folds for easy transport.
With a cost of just under $1500, the Joulvert Stealth is a smart and economical solution to commuting costs. Riders can choose to pedal with assistance, or transfer to full power with a push of the button, going from bike to scooter with ease.
Joulvert bikers are finding love at first ride. With wind in hair, sun in eyes, beneath the skies, riders are flying high with Joulvert.
- Joulvert’s E-Bikes: Love at First Ride - Apr 2018
- The Trionic Veloped: Changing Lives All Over The World - Jan 2018
- Cape May: An Autumn Retreat - Oct 2017
- Blue Hen B&B: One of Delaware’s Best-Kept Secrets - Apr 2017
- Decades of Rock and Roll Cruise Sails Again - Mar 2014
- Asbury Park to Cape May: The Jersey Shore is Open and Ready for Business - Aug 2013
- Sardinia: The Most Undiscovered Part of Italy - Feb 2010
- Just Letting Go At Island Grand - Sep 2009
- Blue Sky, Blue Water, and a Ship Full of The Blues - Apr 2008
- Heaven by the Seaside. . . and the Lake - Mar 2008